Welcome to Gang Chen's Group
Our research bridges several disciplines of condensed matter that includes, for examples, atomic-molecular-optical physics, quantum materials, topological and exotic phases of matter. Generally speaking, we are interested in quantum mechanical properties of condensed matter systems in experiments that have fundamental impact. The current research focuses on quantum materials, frustrated magnetism, spin liquids, topological phase of matter and various strongly correlation physics.
- 2018 Fall, Zhihuan Dong and Zhiyu Dong moved to MIT as Phd students.
- 2017 Fall, Yaodong Li transferred to UCSB and started working with Matthew Fisher.
Fei-Ye Li and Yibin Yang defended their PhD thesis.
Dr Fei-Ye Li and Dr Changle Liu joined the group as postdocs
- 2016 Winter, Group PI is awarded Daniel Tsui's fellowship
from the University of Hong Kong
- 2016 Fall, Xu-Ping Yao joined the group.
- 2015 Summer, Yao-Dong Li and Fei-Ye Li joined the group.
- 2015 June, Group PI started the current group on theoretical condensed matter physics.
- 2015 April, Group PI moved to mainland China.
- 2014 Oct, Group PI was appointed Professor of Physics by Fudan University, and approved in Dec.
Prof Gang Chen